Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design

                                           All of my Games



 In are most resent project in GT we were making a chase game that when you share your game then anyone can play it. In my experience with creating this chase game I was inspired by my classmates and research. My classmates helped me with finding information and seeing what I needed to fix. I also did a lot of research in my free time and by playing other similar games. The reason I decided to create this ocean theme chase game was because I love the ocean and I live in an area where I go to the beach almost everyday.


 In this chase game I used three different water theme backgrounds for my sprits. I chose these background because the ocean is part of my life so thats why I did a Ocean theme background. My sprits I used was a small pink starfish and a blue shark. The starfish is the on being chased by the shark so it was sort of hard to make the starfish arrow keys to move right. Also it was my first game I made and so I improved a lot in this game. In my Platformer game we had to make different levels so my game was simple. For my platformer game I only had two levels no more because I felt like I didn't have that much more time for my first time. For my last game It was called freedom and we could do what ever we wanted to do but it had to have the expectations to get a good grade.


 My best code was the part with the arrow keys. The arrow keys was my best code because It was the best piece of code I did. Another good code I think I did good was switching the backgrounds and the timer so the game would be funner. I made some parts hard because I wanted to give people a challenging time, so when they do this kind of game again it will be easier for there next time doing it. I first had a lot of bugs that I had to fix because it was my very first time doing it. Some bugs were in my game so to fix that I search or researched to find a solution for it. I also watched some tutorial videos to help me with my game so that it would be bug free. If you want to see more of these games go to scratch.   

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job making it move smoothly
      Maybe adding another sprite chasing you to make it more complex
      overall nicely done

      Delete
  2. I love how it's very smooth and the graphics. I think you should make it more complex or make it shorter. I also love how the star changes sizes and good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job at making the star fish move very smooth and change costumes. It would be cool if the shark faced the other way instead of going backwards. I like how the game isn't too easy or too hard. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Coral I liked how the starfish has two diffrent costumes and they change.I thought though that you should make the shark sprite bigger so the game is harder to win because you have a lot of room with the shark sprite smaller. I liked the creativity of the game and how the back rounds change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how smoothly the sprite moves. You should move the sprites so that you can't jump once and get to the top. I like how good the jumping is

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good, smooth movement.
    When you get the ball for the 2nd time, try to make it stop the timer.
    I like how the platforms drift down instead of falling. (Back and forth movement.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Coral! I love your theme it is so cute! you could have made you character move a bit more smooth though. I like how you made your platforms move. Great job I had fun playing it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how smoothly your sprites move. But when I win the game, the time keeps on going. You could fix this by, if sprite says _ then stop all. Overall, I loved your game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you had some very creative sprites.But, to make this game even better I would change the time to thirty seconds to make it even better than it is already. But in the end your game had a really good concept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how creative it is. I think the sprites should move slower. I like how the sprites move smoothly.

    ReplyDelete